Thursday, December 31, 2009

Top 10 Albums of the Decade

Here's the final list of 2009! Keep in mind I have not listened to every album, so these are just my personal picks.

10. Tenacious D-Tenacious D
Sure, it's silly. But it's my favorite comedy album of the decade. Plus, the tunes are super catchy.

9. Oops!... I Did It Again-Britney Spears
So, I had to pick my personal favorite. This is a very biased selection, but it was the album I listened to the most this decade. Plus, on an objective note, I think it's the best album to come from the teen pop movement.

8. Funeral-The Arcade Fire
Sweeping, romantic, wistful, with a tinge of folk.

7. Fever to Tell-The Yeah Yeah Yeahs
This album goes from batshit crazy to hauntingly beautiful within seconds.

6. College Dropout-Kanye West
Sure, he's an ass. But here he proved he can walk the walk.

5. Tangled Up-Girls Aloud
The best pure pop album of the decade.

4. Van Lear Rose-Loretta Lynn
The best country album of the decade. It doesn't hurt that Jack White produced this.

3. Back to Black-Amy Winehouse
Although there are a thousand imitators, there will never be another Amy. Here's to hoping she doesn't die.

2. Elephant-The White Stripes
The riff heard round the world. The rest of the album is pretty awesome also.

1. Kala-MIA
Loud, worldly, and brilliant. It really says something that I think Paper Planes is the most out of place track on the album.

No comments:

Post a Comment